~As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~ Joshua 24:15

Nov 18, 2009

I am thankful...


Thanksgiving countdown....
I am thankful for my little country church.
These four walls hold precious memories and some of my dearest friends. I call them friends ,but really it's more like family. It's like a shelter from the storms of life.
We are a tight little church and an active little church. I think of my church as my 2nd home. The place I go to be refreshed by the word of God.
I've been a member here since 1989. This is the place that six of my family members found Salvation and were also baptized.
It is where my daughter got married, I got married, my In-laws got married ,and I'm pretty sure my great- In-laws did too. So it's a very precious place to us.
We are in the process of building a new church that should be complete in 2010, because these little walls are bursting at the seams. But, no matter what this will always be my little church. A place I dearly love.

5 comments:

  1. Your post made me fondly remember a song my Nana use to sing in the car with me as a child, "The Church in the Wildwood." I recently fond a music box shaped as a church that plays this song. Of course, I had to have it.
    Blessings and prayers, andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww... that is such a blessing! It's a wonderful thing to have a good church to go to!
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandy,

    Just seeing pictures of your little church reminds me of Little House on the Prairie and the amount of love that can be found within such a place.

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Stop by and visit again soon.((hugs)) ~Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...