~As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~ Joshua 24:15

Aug 25, 2009

Homeschool Question!?!

I know a couple of you homeschool and I have a question. Have any of you used AO Lifepacs????? I know that this is last minute ,but I've decided that I want to change out our homeschool curriculum for Jacob this year and I was wondering about AO. I can have it delivered within 3 days,so I still have time before school starts Sep 1 even though I'll probably have to spend all weekend on my yearly planner.
I liked the k12 but Jacob got bored with it last year. Plus I'm tired of the constant having to look up on the computer every day what he has to do. I'd rather just have it in a book at my finger tips.
Does AO have the daily plans set for you or do you have to create your own lesson plans?
Any help would be much appreciated and the sooner the better.
Thanks Sandy

6 comments:

  1. I use A/O LifePac and it is a bit more challenging than the average curriculum. My boys got tired of using the other so I switched. However, their Kindergarten program is hard and I never used that. I used Abeka for K. Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I homeschool but I have never used the AO Lifepacs. I have heard some mixed reviews. Maybe someone else can be of more help. You can check out some reviews here www.homeschoolreviews.com and search for Alpha Omega Lifepacs. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been awhile, but I do remember that my son was terribly bored with it. We had language arts and science.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have not used them myself, but I have been told that they are a lot like A.C.E. which we do use. They are supposed to be pretty much self-taught with occasional help from the parent. Very easy to use when schooling multiple children. I considered using them once, but I have had bad luck when switching curriculum. I like A.C.E, A Beka, and Swithced on Schoolhouse.

    The only real suggestion I have, is if you do decide to try it, buy them one book at a time. DO NOT BUY the whole set. That way, if it's not what you had hoped for, you aren't too much money.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a homeschool graduate and I used some in high school. I remember very little about them, lol, which may indicate how well they work. I remember them being challenging, but not so difficult as writing an essay would be. I came away feeling as though workbooks = busywork.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sandy, I use paces. I can give you the link if you ever want to see if you would like them. Blessings,

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Stop by and visit again soon.((hugs)) ~Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...