~As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~ Joshua 24:15

May 5, 2009

Quotes about Mothers

I hope you all have a wonderful Mother's Day!

Quotes About Mothers


"The greatest thing a dad can do for his children is to love their mother."


"All I am or ever hope to be, I owe to my angel mother." Abe Lincoln

"The Mother's heart is the child's classroom." Henry Beecher


"A man's work is from sun to sun, but a mother's work is never done."


"All mothers are working mothers."


"Children are a sum of what their Mother contributes to their lives."


"I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me.

They have clung to me all my life." Abe Lincoln


"Biology is the least of what makes someone a mother." Oprah Winfrey


"Mothers hold their children's hands for a short while, but their hearts forever."


"Making a decision to have a child--it's momentous.

It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body."


"There is only one pretty child in the world, and every mother has it." Chinese Proverb


"Before you were conceived I wanted you
Before you were born I loved you
Before you were here an hour I would die for you
This is the miracle of life."


"A mother understands what a child does not say."


"I regard no man poor who had a godly mother."


"Other things may change us, but we start and end with family."


"A mother's love is patient and forgiving when all others are forsaking,

it never fails or falters, even though the heart is breaking."

17 comments:

  1. Great quotes! Aren't moms great?

    Thanks for stopping by my blog, it's so nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Great post about moms. I might have to use some of them for my mother's day post. Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's really neat to stop and think of all the hard work our mothers did day in and day out to help us become strong women of God! Mothers do so much and many times go unnoticed but God sees the hard work and devotion and He will bless them with a beautiful crown! Loved the beautiful quotes:D Ahhh wish I could see my mommmy..she's accross the country.

    Love, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the "All mothers are working mothers" I don't have any kids yet so I am just working but I see all my friends who are stay at home moms and I think that job has got to be the hardest of them all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by my blog and saying hello.Love the post about moms.makes me excited for Mother's Day!

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, thanks for stopping by! Love the quotes!! Great blog! Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH..those are such beautiful quotes!!!!!!!!!!

    I'm glad you stopped by today!!

    HUGS!
    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Quotes! :-) You reminded me why I love my mommy so and why I love to be a mommy so much too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey thanks for stopping by my blog today and leaving a comment. your blog title reminded me of my grandmothers favorite song,I can hear her sing it now. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A joyous place to visit...thank you so kindly for stopping by :)

    It is always nice to meet a SITS friend!

    I love your banner...and your post for today!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful quotes! Thanks for sharing! Happy almost Mother's Day to you:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome quotes. :) Thanks for posting those. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Okay now can you mail a copy of that to my husband and children? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for stopping by to see my blog..I hope you liked it..I really like your blog and I am going to follow it..Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great quotes! These are all so true and wonderful! I love quotes.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just love these quotes! Being a mom has been the most challenging and most rewarding experience of my life and I'm so grateful for it. Have a very wonderful Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Stop by and visit again soon.((hugs)) ~Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...