~As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~ Joshua 24:15

May 15, 2009

Prayer Request *Updates*

1. My nanny went back on Wednesday and she found out that she will be able to get the implant for dialysis. They will have a cardiologist in the room during the surgery, just in case she goes into heart failure. This is a very risky surgery for her ,because she was never suppose to be put to sleep again because her heart is so weak. However, she can't live without having the dialysis so it was have the surgery and take the chance that she may not make it through or she could do fine and live another few years or not take it and for sure she will pass and her time will be very short and painful. I just can't imagine my life without my Nanny. We've always had a close relationship. However, It's tough seeing her so sick and she has been for so long. She is in heart & kidney failure and she is not a candidate for a double organ transplant. Please continue to keep her in your prayers. I'll keep you updated.

2.My great-aunt (which is my nanny's younger sister) went through surgery on Tuesday for her cervical cancer and she came through the surgery fine. They will know in about a week if she is free from it. Continue to keep her in your prayers. Also,her husband has cancer, so please keep him in your prayers. They are going through some tough times right now and it's really hard on them and on their kids & grandkids.

3. The little 8 year old boy that I've asked prayer for that has cancer now has hospice coming in. It has spread from his brain and is now in his back. They can't really do anything else for him ,but keep him comfortable. Brent has been going over and helping the family do some things around their house this past week and he has come back in tears. I can only imagine the pain they are going through.
When I look at my little boy, I think that could be me. That could be my little boy. It makes me want to hold mine a little closer and not take one second for granted.
But let me tell you what this family done for me. Brent came in with a truck bed full of flowers and hostas that they had grew and wanted me to have some of . I think it was close to 20 plants they sent me... It really touched me. I thought here they are at their lowest point and they send flowers to me.
Please continue to help me pray for these. They each have some tough days ahead and each really stand in need of prayers.
It makes me think of something my pastor says often. He says if you think you've got it bad, all you've got to do is look around and you'll see someone going through alot worse than you.

3 comments:

  1. Sandy-

    I'll keep them all in my prayers. Keep us updated.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Dad says the same thing that your pastor does. Those preachers sure are wise.

    I will add these requests to my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying right now! Your post inspires me to do something nice for someone in my life who's going through a trial. One of my good friends/neighbor just found out she has thyroid cancer, she also has really bad arthritis and she's only 36. Maybe I can do something for her? Thanx!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Stop by and visit again soon.((hugs)) ~Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...