~As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~ Joshua 24:15

May 4, 2009

My Family Yearbook Post #17


~A Mother's Love~


A mother's love is something
that no one can explain..
It is made of deep devotion,
and of sacrifice and pain.

It is endless and unselfish,
enduring come what may,
For nothing can destroy it
or take the love away.

It is patient and forgiving
when all others are forsaking,
And it never fails or falters.
even though the heart is breaking.

It believes beyond believing
when the world around condemns,
it glows with all the beauty of the rarest,
brightest gems.

It is far beyond defining,
it defies all explanation,
And it still remains a secret
like the mysteries of creation.

A many-splendored miracle
man cannot understand,
And another wondrous evidence
of God's tender, building hand.

~Helen Steiner Rice~


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful. Loved the photo. I lost my mom when I was 18, I sure do miss her. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Mom is beautiful! I can see where you get your pretty looks from. :)

    Hugs,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is just beautiful! I also lost my mom...almost four years ago now...Mother's Day is still hard for me, but it's made easier by the joy that my little guys bring me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So true...my mother is my best friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Stop by and visit again soon.((hugs)) ~Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...