~As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~ Joshua 24:15

May 18, 2009

Just being Jacob


My conversation with Jacob

Our conversation in the bathroom yesterday.

He was in the bath with the curtains closed and I was fixing my hair.

Jacob- "Mom, why do you always dress like a preacher?"
Me-"What do you mean?"

Jacob-"You know, how you always dress like the preacher."

Me-"I don't."

Jacob-"Yes you do."

Me-"Jacob how do I dress like a preacher?"

Jacob-"Like now, look at you. You look like a preacher."

Jacob-"Why can't you just dress like a country girl and not like a preacher?"

Me-"How do you dress like a country girl?"

Jacob-"You know you look cool and *purty*

*smile*

So I guess I'm not that cool or that Purty(as he puts it so kindly)...lol

And I have no idea why he thinks I look like a preacher. Our pastor is male and he wears suits with ties every service .

10 comments:

  1. This conversation was too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's hilarious. I wonder why his little mind came up with that? The funny thing, is you obviously ARE very purty! But your his mom- so I guess it doesn't count!!

    lol.

    Thanks so much for the SITS welcome- was nice to find your blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kids are so funny the way they see things, and then express them. Do you think it's because you're not a flowery person in the way you dress? I've noticed in your pictures that you wear a lot of solid colors.

    My children will comment about my clothes when I stay in my jommy pants too long. My daughter will ask when I'm going to put my skirt on and start being mommy?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kids say the darnest things lol. I am also curious as to how he came up with that lol. You are def. a very beautiful woman of God! Maybe he wants you to jump on a trampoline or go skateboarding or wear colored hairspray Lol J/K. I can tell he loves his momma!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so curious now what he was trying to get accross.....I do know how those comments hurt though. Luckiy for me that you included a picture in your post. Now I KNOW that you are pretty and you don't seem to be dressing male or butchish :) I wonder if he just thought you deserved some new clothes and a reason to dress up :) Lets hope that he figures out a nicer way to say so before he is married though :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Has anyone mentioned how gorgeous you are? Seriously, you are beautiful. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sandy, you are beautiful!
    Too funny about what he said. I too, wonder how he came up with that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE having those conversations with Silas...get to see a little into their heads even if we totally don't understand!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sounds like my almost 5 year old. You wonder where they get their fashion sense. I guess you look like a very pretty preacher.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kids can come up with some good ones. LOL
    A person of any age can't live in the world today and not see that the "barbie doll" look sells. I am guessing your son has noticed the difference between sexy dressing models gracing our everyday life and normal...etc. etc.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Stop by and visit again soon.((hugs)) ~Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...