~As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~ Joshua 24:15

Jul 7, 2008

Did someone say it's Monday?

These last few days (Thur-Sun)have been great!!!! I've enjoyed having the time off with just my kids(and my fosters)around me. But, just as everything was settling down and going good, Monday arrives....grrrr Well, back to the old routine and hustle and bustle that seem to clutter my day and life.
I got up early to take two if the fosters to a family visit. The little foster boy starts screaming and crying and saying he is not going to the visit. I explain to him that it's not my choice or his. He cries and stomps his feet. I make them both get their baths and they were both screaming at that point. Neither of these kids like taking baths. My kids have always loved baths, but not these two kids. So I have to make them bathe. Then I load them up for the 20 min drive to the office. The baby don't want to ride in her carseat and the boy hates having to buckle up, but I battle with them and finally we get on the road. We get there a little early. They had assigned us a 10am visit slot...which means one room is assigned to us for one hour of use. So at 9:50, I walked in the office and let the secretary know that we've arrived. I took my seat and I waited, waited, and waited. I waited about 15 minutes, but noone came. I got up and went back to the window to see why we haven't been called, because I knew the room was ready. The lady says that the worker is in a meeting. So I sat back down ,and waited a little longer. Well, I really didn't sit down ,because the baby kept running out of the waiting room to the water fountain...she loved pushing the button, and putting her hand up under the spout, so that the water would splash out. She ends up getting soaked and soaking her brother. It amazes me how she hates taking baths ,but loved playing in the water fountain...grrrr So Finally, I get up and shut the door so that she couldn't get to the fountain ,and she throws herself down on the dirty wet floor ,and goes into a screaming fit. At this point she looks filthy, because she had on white capris and the floor was kinda dirty from all the traffic in and out. I picked her up and I walked up to the other window (to the other secretary) and I told her that we were there and that their appointment was at 10am ,and I told her that I knew that their parents must be waiting, because I saw their car outside. She basically says okay,and she told me that their mom is in a meeting. So I set back down and wait. Finally, the door opens and their family walks out (some 40 minutes later) and they realize we are there. The case worker said she never knew I was there, because no one called back to let her know. So she takes the kids and their parents back to the room and I had to wait one more hour, so that the kids could visit with their parents. So for one hour, I drove around. yes, I waisted my gas, because I was so tired of setting in that office...grrrrrr Sometimes, I just get so frustrated. I feel like dfcs expects me to be on time and to do everything they tell me to do...and I do, but it seems they are always late, they forget our appointments, they give me the run around, and most of the time they don't return my calls, and they call this a partnership. It gets so frustrating at times.
So finally,I picked the kids back up, and the baby was thrilled to see me, but started back screaming when it came time to get in her carseat. She screamed almost all the way home. Now, we are home and I just got done making their lunch. I feel like I've waisted half a day.
So that is how Monday has gone for me so far. I hope the rest of the day goes better.
Update-
I feel ashamed of getting so frustrated today. As I set checking my emails, my little foster boy walked up beside me ,and he said, Mrs Sandy you are the best mom in the whole world. I felt about 1 inch tall. I should be ashamed of getting so aggravated today, but at times it is so hard not to. If everyone would just do their job, like I have to do, things would flow so much smoother. Well, I didn't feel like a very good mother today, but maybe I will work on that ,and be a better one tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Stop by and visit again soon.((hugs)) ~Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...