~As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~ Joshua 24:15

Feb 10, 2008

Questions!?! Questions!?! Questions!?!...

If you never have anything to talk about when you are around people or if you wish you could find a good conversation starter...just become a homeschooling parent or a foster parent. I can't go around anyone without being asked tons of questions (which I don't mind) , because people, I have learned ,are very curious about things they know nothing about. I also receive tons of emails from all over asking about homeschooling and fostering. So here on my blog, I'm gonna try to start answering some of those questions.
So if you have a question just email me -howells7@bellsouth.net or post it here.

I'm gonna start with the most popular question I get...

1.How do you keep a foster child and then let it go?

Sandy's answer-
First of all these are not my children and that is what we foster parents have to keep in mind. I have had kids, that I have had for many months at a time ,and I had to give them back.
You do get very attached . It is very hard letting go of some of these kids ,because you have bonded. Usually, older kids are easier to let go, because they want to go home to their parents, and you are happy when they can.
Usually, it's the little babies that are hard to let go, but you just have to do it. Someone asked me at walmart the other day about letting go and I told her it felt similar to a death in the family. You do feel very sad when they leave you ,because their space is empty, and yes it hurts your heart. You worry and you wonder what if the family goes back instead of forward...what if they can't take care of them like they should...at times like that all you can do is pray and leave it in God's hands.
I can honestly say it is one of the hardest things I've ever had to do.
You just need to keep in mind (when the time comes) that you've done your job, you've reunited a family, and another special child is just around the corner and will need a foster family very soon too.

Also,it is very sweet when you can see a troubled family turn their lives around ,and know that you played a part in that process. It makes you feel good because you've made a difference.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Stop by and visit again soon.((hugs)) ~Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...