~As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~ Joshua 24:15

Feb 5, 2013

A little of this and that...

Is it really only Tuesday? Oh my! Lord help me get through this crazy week. These last two weeks have nearly pushed me over the edge.
So what's up in Howellville????
On Friday, my oldest son Jon was burned pretty badly at work. He dropped a tool and it landed in hot wax. The wax then splattered and burned almost his whole face. He is going to be okay. We are just hoping that it's not going to leave him badly scarred. Please just keep him in your prayers.

The babies have all been sick with head and chest colds. Baby B also has an ear infection and is cutting 4 teeth at the same time. So he isn't feeling so well. It breaks my heart when my babies are sick. Even the grown ones. I love my family and I wish I could take every one of their pains & problems from them. If I could I promise you I would. I can't help it. I just love them that much.

These last two days we've been swamped with appointments. So far this week, we've had DFCS here twice, we met with our adoption worker, we've had 4 therapy appointments, one PINES appointment, and one pediatrician visit. Yes, I'm already tired and the week just started.

Our adoption worker really had nothing new to tell us. I already expected that because that's the way it's been every time she's came. She apologized once again, because BB hasn't been published, which has to be done. They have to publish on any unknown dads. He had a legal dad but he has already surrendered to us. Until BB is published, we can't meet with our adoption lawyer and start the official adoption process. The reason we haven't published is because DFCS had not turned in all the paperwork. Which is absolutely not acceptable. They've had over 100 days since BB's mom surrendered her rights to us and they still haven't gotten the papers together. The worker said she was leaving our house and going back to the office to get the papers together and that it would be turned in this week. I think they've told me that twice. That's why WE are so FRUSTRATED. Our county is the WORST county ever to foster/ adopt in. Our kids in this county have no hope and all of our foster parents are just as fed up as we are.

We've taken our number and name off the foster call list for this county. We won't be fostering for them again atleast for a very long time (If ever). Atleast not until we have some new people in the office that know what they are doing and actually care about the kids. We can foster for any county surrounding ours, so that will be what we do in the future, if we decide to continue fostering. But for now, I just want to focus on our two fosters because their needs are so great & my own family.

Tomorrow, I have to take baby girl to Atlanta to see her team of doctors. Then on Thursday Baby B will be admitted into Childrens to have some tests run on his liver and spleen.

I'm also on call for court as a witness to our worse child abuse case. Do you remember Baby R with all the broken bones and hot pink casts? Yes, that's the case. The heart breaking one. I'm so dreading it.

On Friday, JJ our five year old foster left us to live with his new family. He is getting adopted. It is a good thing. I think his family will be perfect for him and for that I am thankful.

Ashley got a new job! She has been praying about it. God answered that prayer. Please pray for her as she starts this new chapter in her life.

Baby Boy learned to sign the word "bubbles" today! It was the cutest thing ever. His PINES friend brought him bubbles and each time she blew them she would sign "bubbles". She stopped blowing them and BB signed "bubbles" back to her. He done it over and over. It just melted my heart. This may not seem like much to some, but coming from a special needs and non-verbal baby it is a huge step in his development. I am sooooo proud of him and of all his therapists who have spent many many hours working with our baby. They will never know just how much we truly appreciate all they do for these babies. They are a blessing.

Well, that's it for now. I have to go do baby girl's vest and lung treatments and get things ready for Atlanta.
Goodnight my bloggy friends.

Trust in the LORD with all thine heart;and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him,and he will direct thy paths. ~Proverbs 3:5-6

1 comment:

  1. Praying that God Blesses you with sunshine this week, and good health for everyone. And praying that the Son shines in your hearts as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Stop by and visit again soon.((hugs)) ~Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...