~As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~ Joshua 24:15

Feb 10, 2017

Just an update...



Just stopping by with an update. I have been such a slacker at keeping this blog updated. I have just been so very busy. I have so much on my plate right now. 2017 has started off tough. Since Christmas we have had one sick after another. I think since Christmas we have had the flu, RSV, tummy bug, ear infections, and  viral infections pass between all of the kids. It seems they just keep passing germs back and forth. Oh the joys of a BIG family. I've had to take Ada Grace 2 times to the ER and 2 times to the doctor to get her asthma under control and it runs in her family. I've also had to take Blaze to get his meds in him because he was so sick he kept throwing them up. I sure wish Spring would hurry up. Germs please go away!

We are just waiting on DFCS to give us the OK and we will be contacting our lawyer to request an adoption court date!!! Z is so close to being ours!!!!!

We were suppose to be having our second TPR trial on our baby foster daughter this month. We won our last one but it got threw out and now we have to go back and re-do it at a higher court because we were unaware mom was a native american (she didn't tell us). I truly believe this will be my very last case. I'm tired. I just don't have time for this anymore. I love my foster kids but it's all of the extra headaches like constant visits, meetings, court dates, ball dropping, etc It's just to much. I'm not sure what is going to happen with our baby. Most likely they will be removing her from us and placing her in another state with a native american foster family. It's going to turn her world upside down. I got her at 5 months and she turned 2 in Dec, so she is very attached. *Update on 3-4-17 Court moved to June. :( 

Blaze started another therapy at the autism center. Another weekly apt...grrrrrr It will put us there for an extra hour every week. I'm not happy about it but I will just about do anything to help him. The new one is for feeding also. He is still having such a hard time eating. It's so frustrating. He is very selective on what he eats. If he likes a food he will eat it until he gets sick. It's like he doesn't have a limit on favorites but he refuses most foods and all new foods. 

Besides that, he is in PT, OT, SLP, oral motor, and communication device training. At school he is also doing therapies. He has a deaf teacher and a vision teacher that comes in to see him. The deaf teacher comes every day that he attends school. Right now, due to all of his appointments he can only go 3 days a week. I'm not sure how we will do it once he starts kindergarten. We have an IEP coming up in March. I'm not sure if they are going to keep him in prek one more year because of his appointments or move him up. 

Blaze had a bad seizure last weekend. It was the longest one that he has had. He scared us so bad. It's been awhile since he has had one and I was hoping he had outgrew them. He has put on weight so they think that he had just outgrew his dose of keppra. His balance was off for a couple days from it but he is back to himself today! 

Blaze had an eye apt this week. It didn't go well. His eyes have got worse since they saw us 3 months ago. :( His pressures are almost 3 times higher than normal. Both eyes are now wandering even with glasses. The doctor wants to do surgery. We are going to wait until school gets out to schedule it so that he won't miss more days. Between now and then she is just going to monitor him. We are thinking June.

I know I talk a lot about Blaze on my blog. You may wonder why I do that. It's because he requires so much more of my time and attention. I often use my blog to keep up with notes, important events, and dates. It also helps me reflect on his progress!!!! Which is always a good thing.



Well, I've got to run. BUT!!!!!! I do have some GOOD NEWS!!!!! I saved the BEST for last!!!!!
I'm going to be a MeMe again!!!!! Samantha is expecting a BABY BOY in August!!!!!! Little Carter has been praying a long time for a sibling! He is going to be a great big brother!!! I'm so excited for them!!!

Have a great weekend!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Stop by and visit again soon.((hugs)) ~Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...