~As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~ Joshua 24:15

Jan 20, 2016

Our big girl turned 6 or was it 16!!!!....


I am a little late with this post, but I still wanted to share it. Our beautiful grand Brookelyn Shae celebrated her 6th birthday on January 12th.
It is so hard to believe that 6 years came and went that fast. Brookelyn or "Bookie Shae" as I like to call her, is growing into a wonderful little lady. She is the one that taught me what it was to be a grandmother, but it really wasn't at all what I expected. It was so much better. When I first found out that Anna was expecting, I was thrilled at the thought of having a new baby in our family, but I was also sad. Sad because I thought being a grandmother made you old. I didn't want to be old and I still don't....lol I for sure didn't want to be called grandma or even granny in my 30's. Those are names for grey haired old women, or so I thought. But, I've learned that you are only as old as you feel and as long as I feel young, then I am...he he he Yes, my hair color is starting to slightly turn grey these days but I've discovered hair coloring is not that hard to do. Maybe when I become a great grandma I'll let it go grey but until then I'm not (Insert wink). 
This little girl has kept us all on our toes from day one. She thinks she is grown. She is a busy little girl. She is also very friendly and never ever meets a stranger. She will talk your ears off. She loves everybody and has a heart of gold. She is the oldest of the grands and for sure the leader of the bunch. She has a huge imagination. Loves art, loves makeup, loves softball, loves gymnastics, loves to dance, and loves music. She has for sure changed our lives for the better. I am so thankful to be her MeMe. She for sure takes up a lot of space in her MeMe's heart. She's my sweetheart! 
I hope you enjoyed your special day. I love you Bookie Shae bigger than the sky! ~MeMe


 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart;and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him,and he will direct thy paths. ~Proverbs 3:5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Stop by and visit again soon.((hugs)) ~Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...