~As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~ Joshua 24:15

Jan 20, 2016

My son put together his first sentence!...

 My little Blaze spoke his first sentence today. I know you are wondering how that can be since Blaze is profoundly deaf and doesn't speak at all. He has recently started at a new therapy center (yes another one) and he is working with a new speech therapist that teaches and uses augmentative devices. She is teaching Blaze how to use a communication device, kinda like the one pictured below.
He is picking it up very quickly. He hits a button and it speaks for him. He kept hitting the "go" button. His therapist signed to him, "go where?" He then hit the "I want", and the "McDonalds" buttons. The computer then said, "I want McDonalds".

 "I want McDonalds". 

Needless to say I was one VERY happy mom! I know it probably doesn't seem like that big of a deal to most, but for a child who has been in therapy for almost his whole life (3+ years), this is huge. It is opening a whole new world of communication for my son. I am so happy for him. Today was a great day!









Trust in the LORD with all thine heart;and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him,and he will direct thy paths. ~Proverbs 3:5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Stop by and visit again soon.((hugs)) ~Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...