~As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~ Joshua 24:15

Mar 31, 2015

A look back at March...

 
Wow! Is it really almost April?
It seems like Christmas was just last month.
Every year seems to get faster for me.
Does it seem that way to you too?
It really makes you want to stop and think about how
you are spending your life.
 
Here is my looking back on March 2015 Post...
March 5th-Blaze met with a new orthosis and was fitted with a pressure vest.
March 5th- Z had a dentist appointment.
March 6th-Blaze was officially registered in preschool.
March 12- Happy Heavenly Birthday to my brother Bryan.
March 16th- Blaze started PT at the Therapy farm. His same therapist just a new location (out of our home into a gym.)! He already goes there for SPEECH, so it worked for us.
March 16th-Blaze had an appointment at the Emory Eye Center. New glasses...again.
March 17th- Our Tiny girl turned one! Oh happy day!!!!!
March 18th- Tiny had her one year well check-up. She is doing great!
March 19th- Fostering classes for the Hubs and I.
March 21st- Dakota and Brittney's shower.
March 22nd- Trip to Alabama to see family.
March 23rd- We said goodbye to our "Curly Top" (foster daughter). She moved to her new adoptive home. It was a sad but happy day.
March 24th- Blaze's first day of preschool.
March 26th- We had a quarterly home evaluation. It went great!
March 27th- Happy Heavenly Birthday to my brother Robby.
March 27th- Tiny had a Babies Can't Wait evaluation. They were very pleased with her progress.
March 29th- Second trip to Alabama to see family.
March 29th- Hubby's mom's birthday.
 
 Blaze was invited by one of our local colleges to join in on a new SLP program they will be starting in May (we haven't decided if we will be joining them yet). He would be working with a group of new SLPs that have just graduated with a promise of Blaze getting the best of the best care and treatment and it would be totally free to us, because they would be using Blaze for training. Blaze will also be starting a feeding program through the Marcus Autism Center in April.
 
Don't think the other kids (fosters) are being forgotten. They aren't. Some do weekly visits with family and all three are in some type of therapy weekly...which is normal for foster children. All have at least one visit a month with their case workers, CASAs, and occasionally GALs. My day is consumed with getting them what they need and where they need to be. It keeps me busy.
 
Someone asked me the other day how I can do all that I do every day (I get asked this often). It's God! I enjoy taking care of my family and these kids and I do the best I can for them every day. Yes, it keeps Brent and I very busy but we truly feel this is our life calling. In the Bible in Matthew 25 verse 40 the words stand out to me, "Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me" But I am also reminded in verse 45 "Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it NOT to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me".  So if my calling is to take care of the least among us, I want to do it with all my heart. I can't imagine any greater reward than to hear my Lord say "Well done my good and faithful servant". By serving them I'm serving Him and that brings me great joy!
No, it's not always easy, but God knows my heart and my struggles and He takes care of me. God is good ALWAYS!

Trust in the LORD with all thine heart;and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him,and he will direct thy paths. ~Proverbs 3:5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Stop by and visit again soon.((hugs)) ~Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...