~As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~ Joshua 24:15

Nov 19, 2014

Just a quick update...

Just stopping by with a quick update...
On Monday I went to court on JK. It was suppose to be a termination hearing that was to last from 1-3 days. His dad decided to show up for court and guess what?!?! He surrendered his rights!!!! Instead of dragging it out, he went ahead and signed the papers. Woo hoo!!! Mom had already surrendered back in the Spring! So JK is free for adoption now!!!!!!! I got the chance to talk with his dad and with his dad's dad (JK's granddad) As you can imagine it was a sad time for them. It wasn't an easy decision, but it's one that really is in the best interest of JK and they know that. I went ahead and informed them that my daughter will be adopting JK instead of us. I think that kinda made them sad, but after I told them about my daughter Anna and her family, they seemed to take it better. They asked about any future contact and I told them that I would have to discuss that with Anna & Corey. They said they are wiling to do occasional letters and picture swaps (like I do with Blaze and his family). We are so excited to have JK in our family. He is going to keep his first name "Justin"(which I LOVE) but he is going to get a new middle name and of course their last name. I think his middle name is going to be "kade" or "Cade" the last time I heard, but they may change their mind. He will have to live with Anna 6 months before it can be finalized...that is the rules here in our state.

Our foster girl "Tiny" turned 8 months on the 17th! She is saying ma ma, da da, and bye bye now. She has 2 teeth. She is still teeny tiny just like her birth mom. Yesterday she was 14.1 pounds and she is 24.5 inches long. She is the most smiley baby, always happy, and constantly babbles. She is eating all flavors of baby foods now. She LOVES to eat. She is also suppose to be going to termination in Dec. However, I've never worked a tpr in her county so I'm not sure if it will happen next month or not.

Well I had planned to write more but that's all I have time for. Have a great day!


 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart;and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him,and he will direct thy paths. ~Proverbs 3:5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Stop by and visit again soon.((hugs)) ~Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...