~As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~ Joshua 24:15

Nov 13, 2014

Just another update...

Just stopping by with an update.  It has turned off bitterly cold here in GA...brrrr My teen who never wears jeans actually has on jeans today...yay!!!! The Hubs called while ago and said he is coming home to build a fire in the fireplace. Our first fire of the season. I'm not so excited about it. I dread the mess, the smell because it sometimes triggers my migraines, and the bugs that tend to come in with the wood...yikes!

Our week has actually been calm...believe it or not. The Blazer has had his usual therapies except for OT she wasn't able to make it this week. No big appointments at all!!!!! This is a first in a very long time. I have accomplished so much being able to be home this week. It's nice!

Our little Z


As I mentioned our little Z is back with us. Not through DFCS. His mom placed him with us. It's complicated. I'm not sure exactly how it's all going to work out. DFCS knows he is here and has actually came out to talk with him, but at this time he is NOT in their care. His mom gave me temporary guardianship of him. He will probably be with me at least the rest of November, but possibly longer. He is doing really good. It had been almost 2 years since I had seen him. I can't believe his mom still had my number and thought of me. I'm glad she did.

Next week, we have court on JK our 18 month old foster son. It is a termination hearing. I've been court ordered to be there all week....grrrr I don't usually attend those hearings, especially when I know that termination is going to be granted. It's hard to deal with the birth family before and after court. Our daughter Anna will be adopting JK. They had to go through the whole fostering process and now they are only waiting on their home study to be completed. Once that is complete he will be moving there to be adopted! We are so excited. JK is an adorable little boy with a silly personality. He is the perfect addition to our family.

Blazer as I mentioned in an earlier post was officially diagnosed last week with autism. We had been told several months ago by our neurologist that Blaze was autistic. Our neuro sent us to the Marcus Autism center for treatment. They confirmed what the neuro said.  Blaze met with a whole team of people there and under went several different tests and a complete physical. The pediatricians at Marcus seem to think that Blaze may also have some type of undiagnosed syndrome, because he has so many different diagnoses. We had already been told that, when we first found out that he was sick (around 6 weeks of age) but no one had done any further testing for syndromes.  Marcus sent us on over the same day to the Egleston to have some genetic testing done. We should hear back within the next 2 weeks. Marcus also referred us to a genetics doctor at Emory. We are on their waiting list but it's a long list, so it will be months before we get in. However,depending on what his labs show, they may move us up. I hope these tests don't show anything more. I am a little worried about it, but I'm trying not to think about it. I wish I had pushed for more testing from the start, but I didn't know. I've just trusted that Blaze's doctors were doing everything they needed to do for him.

Blaze will be going back to Marcus.  He is going to be doing a in- patient feeding therapy program. It's very intensive, but it has been proven to be very effective for kids like Blaze. He still is not eating much by mouth at all. It's so frustrating for him and us. Then He is  going to be starting a new therapy for autistic kids called ABA and a behavior program through the  Marcus Center. As I said before he is the busiest kid I know.

Our baby foster "Tiny" had been doing so well until this week. They had put her on some new asthma meds and another round of antibiotics for 3 weeks. She got so much better, but since coming off of the antibiotics she is back to rattling and loud breathing. I called her pulmonologist and she referred us on to an ENT for more testing. Honestly, it feels like every time I take two steps forward with these kids, I end up taking one step back (insert sad face here).  She also got fitted for a cranial helmet last week and we are not looking forward to 6 months of that...grrrrr

Our little foster girl "Curly Top" may be leaving us soon. She has a family friend that wants to take her. They are going to be checking this family out. I'm going to miss my curly girly when she goes. She has been a handful and perhaps the most stubborn toddler ever, but as cute as a button. She can wreck a house faster than a tornado, but she can melt your heart with her sweet little grin and prissy personality. She is for sure one adorable little girl.


I was going to post more but my hubs just walked in and needs me to help him. Have a great night!
 
 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart;and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him,and he will direct thy paths. ~Proverbs 3:5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Stop by and visit again soon.((hugs)) ~Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...