~As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~ Joshua 24:15

Nov 25, 2014

It's almost that time...


It's almost Thanksgiving !

We always kick off our Thanksgiving celebrations the weekend before Thanksgiving. We started last Saturday with the Hubby's side of the family...his mom's side. It was good seeing everyone and the food was wonderful. Sometimes I feel my MIL gets the short end of the stick and is often the forgotten one. This year we made sure we arrived early and stayed extra long with her. We also took lots of pictures for her to have. I'm blessed to have a MIL who cares so much about us and our kids. She also supports and encourages us no matter what...which means so much to Brent & I. She always reminds me that her church is praying for us and especially Blaze because she always requests it. How sweet is that? Are we blessed or what? 

On Thanksgiving, we will be going to my mom's. I always look forward to any time I get with her and my dad. My nanny always made Thanksgiving extra special when she was living and I'm thankful that my mom is still trying to carry on our family traditions. I know the holidays have been very difficult for her over these last few years, but I'm so thankful that she is doing better this year. My mom is one of the strongest women I know. I'm so thankful that she is not only my mom, but also my friend. 

I'm looking forward to having  my kids together. Maybe we can get a group/family picture. It's hard sometimes to get the guys off the couch and in front of the camera, but I'm going to try.  The guys always take over the den to watch the TV, the girls always gather in the dining room/living room to go through the sales papers to plan our yearly mother/daughter shopping trip, while the kids play catch up with their cousins. I just pray my kids are always this close and that my grandkids will get to grow up together and make lots of sweet memories. 

I'm excited because this year will be Aniston, Waylan, and Tiny's very first Thanksgiving. We sure have been blessed this year with these 3 precious babies. 

Z will also get to spend Thanksgiving with us, which means so much, and our Blaze is doing so well this year, and we are so thankful for that too. My heart is just full. 

I'm sure Nanny, Robby, and Bryan will be with us in spirit. They will be the missing pieces. The sweet memories they have left us with are now some of our most precious treasures. I will never forget them...ever.

I think it's going to be a wonderful Thanksgiving. If you can't tell,
I am just over flowing. I have so much to be thankful for this year.
God has been way to good to us.
Thank you Lord for your blessings on us.


Trust in the LORD with all thine heart;and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him,and he will direct thy paths. ~Proverbs 3:5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Stop by and visit again soon.((hugs)) ~Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...