~As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~ Joshua 24:15

Mar 26, 2013

Finally Home...

Baby girl is finally home after 13 days in the hospital. 13 days felt  more like 13 weeks. I hope we NEVER EVER have to go through that again. I thought they were never going to let us out. If we could have stayed on the regular floor it wouldn't have been so bad, but when they moved her to the PICU and then to the TICU it was miserable. You have no privacy (glass rooms). You have to go down the hall to use the bathroom and you have to share three showers with all the other parents. Not to mention you get locked out every time you leave the unit so you have to ring a bell and hope someone hears and lets you back in. Not only that, you sleep in a fold out chair and it's so uncomfortable. I am a VERY light sleeper (I have mommy ears) and I could hear the babies cry every time one cried and I could hear every monitor when it went off. Babt girl's vent alarm went off constantly throughout the night, so I got NO sleep. I am soooo exhausted and so sleep deprived and Baby has her days & nights mixed up. So at night she's wide awake and fighting her vent which causes it to constantly alarm.

This whole month has been hard on us. Hopefully, better days are ahead in April. I don't think I could handle many more like March.


Trust in the LORD with all thine heart;and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him,and he will direct thy paths. ~Proverbs 3:5-6

1 comment:

  1. Thank the Lord Bryley is back home. Sure hope things get back to normal for you all real soon. Hugs and Prayers,
    Trisha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Stop by and visit again soon.((hugs)) ~Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...