~As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~ Joshua 24:15

Nov 22, 2012

30 Days Of Thankful...

 
30 days Of Thankful Day #22
Today on this Thanksgiving Day, I'm thankful for family gatherings. I'm thankful to be able to come together as a family, pray together, share memories, and enjoy time with each other. Family times are by far my most favorite times & holidays make it even more special. I love my family... The family God gave me from birth, the family I was blessed with through marriage, the family my hubby & I created together, and the sweet little bonuses that God gave us (foster kids). I am one blessed women and one very thankful one.
 
Holidays, are also a tough time for me. Our family has been through a lot of losses over these last few years. I've lost most of my birth family members and that always leaves some sadness and a void that can't be filled, especially around the holidays. However, today I am thankful for the time we did have with them. I am thankful for the sweet memories that will live on in my heart forever. I'm thankful that I know where they are and that they will spend their Thanksgiving with Jesus this year. I'm thankful for the strength to pick up the pieces and to keep going as a family. I'm thankful that this isn't the end and that we will be together again someday.  For that I am forever thankful.
 

Trust in the LORD with all thine heart;and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him,and he will direct thy paths. ~Proverbs 3:5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Stop by and visit again soon.((hugs)) ~Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...