~As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~ Joshua 24:15

Jan 26, 2011

Meet My Family-2011

"Meet My Family".
Hi! I'm Sandy. I'm the keeper of "One Day At A Time" blog.
 I would like to take this time to introduce my family to you.
~~~~~~~~~
This is a picture of my hubby and I.
Brent and I married in May of 1989 at the age of 16 & 18. We married young ,but God has provided for us every step of the way. We are simple people ,who for the most part ,live a pretty simple life. We have made our home in GA and I just can't imagine living any where else. 
This is our home.
 Our home is usually loud ,but always filled with laughter and love.
Hubby's heart for children was the one thing that attracted me to him. I wanted a BIG family and he did too. God blessed us with just that. He gave us a wonderful  BIG family. I am blessed.

Psalm 127:3-5 (KJV)
Lo,children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward. As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth. Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them: they shall not be ashamed, but they shall speak with the enemies in the gate.
Below is a picture of our oldest child "Samantha" with her husband Lee. Samantha came to us in 2005 through the foster care system. She has been a very important part of our lives.
They are expecting their first baby and our first grandson, Christian "Carter" in July 2011.


**Update**
Little Carter Is Here!!!


Next, you will meet our daughter "Anna" with her husband Corey. They wed in June of 2008.
 Just below their picture you will meet PawPaw & MeMe's pride and joy. Did I forget to mention that we are also YOUNG grandparents? We became grandparents in our 30's...I guess that is what happens when you start young. We were blessed with our first GRANDbaby *Brookelyn Shae* in Jan 2010, Who ever came up with the name grandchild got it just right. It is exactly that *GRAND*.
Brookelyn Shae

The next picture I'd like to introduce to you my 
daughters Katie age 19 and Ashley age 17.
They are only 18 months apart & the very
best of friends.

Yes, we finally had a boy!  In the picture below, you will meet our firstborn son Jonathan. Jon is 17 years old. You may have noticed that Ashley & Jon are both 17,that's because we received a double blessing in 93! We had twins!!! After the twins, we thought our family was complete.

However 8 years later,God had other plans.
He blessed our lives with another son.
Our youngest son Jacob Noah. He is age 9.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hang on, we are almost done...
(Bailey & I)

You probably thought we were done. We did too. Well, not just yet. Through fostering we have had 20 other children to come and go from our lives. Each child left their marks behind. Some left roots that run so deep that they are 4-ever connected to our hearts. You will hear their names pretty often( if you spend any time on my blog) ,because we still spend a lot of time with them...
Bailey-age 3
Trinton-age 8
Amberly-age 4
Devon-age 2
Shelbi also known as "Jelly Bean"-age 1
and our newest little ones
 Baby "A"-age 1
and
  baby "Z" -age 9 months
(Our newsest) baby "R"-age 10 months
These are just a few of our foster BLESSINGS.
They refer to us as Uncle Brent & Aunt Sandy.

Fostering ...
is touching the future...one child at a time.
Matthew 18:5
And whoso shall receive one such
 little child in my name receiveth me.

With each child that we foster, we do our best to continue having a relationship with them and their families. Some want that and others just want to move on and forget their past...I can't say I blame them. However, these kids were a part of our family and will forever hold a special place in our hearts.
A Quote
I Really Like and often think of
when I'm dealing with families in foster care...
There is always something left to love. And if you ain't learned that, you ain't learned nothing...when do you think is the time to love somebody the most; when they done good and made things easy for everybody? Well then, you ain't through learning -- because that ain't the time at all. It's when he's at his lowest and can't believe in himself 'cause the world done whipped him so. When you start measuring somebody, measure him right, child, measure him right. Make sure you done taken into account what hills and valleys he come through before he got to wherever he is." – ~Raisin in the Sun

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful family !!
    Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your children are absolutely beautiful...and you look gorgeous yourself. I'm completely inspired by all of your fostering and child raising. Being a mom to 5 and a step daughter and running an in home daycare I'm completely exhausted and can't seem to keep myself together...but girl you look great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Stop by and visit again soon.((hugs)) ~Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...